Haven’t seen you for ages. 許久不見了。
not in the least 一點也不
as it is 就以現在這個樣子
at the get-acquainted stage 處于剛結識的階段
have a mind to do something 想要做某事
try out 試一試
come round 回過來
be content with 滿足于……
NOTES
1. Our customers are quite satisfied with the photo-copiers you supply.
我們的顧客對你們供應的影印機相當滿意。
satisfy v. 滿足
we make it a rule to satisfy our customers to the greatest extent.
盡最大可能地滿足顧客是我們的一項章程。
We believe we can satisfy your requirements for any reasonable quantity.
我們相信能滿足你方任何合理的數量要求。
Our customers are not satisfied with your last shipment.
We are satisfied that the contract has been carried out smoothly.
我們很滿意合約順利執行了。
“令人感到滿意”可以表達為:
Your tablecloths satisfy our customers.
Your tablecloths are/prove/turn out satisfactory to our customers.
Your tablecloths are/prove turn our to the satisfaction of our customers.
Our customers are satisfied with your tablecloths.
2. As a result, the demand has been rising rapidly in recent months.
結果,近幾個月來需求急速上升。
as a result (of ) 結果
Upon examination the buyers discovered a short delivery of 210 1bs in weight. As a result,they fied a claim against you.
經檢驗,買方發現短交210磅,因此他們向你方提出索賠。
Your shipment failed to catch the Christmas season. As a resultwe suffered great loss.
你方貨物沒趕上圣誕節,結果我方遭受嚴重損失。
As a result of our efforts, we have obtained a quantity of 5,000 tons to satisfy your requirement.
由于我方努力的結果,已獲得5,000噸數理可滿足你方需要。
As a result of your delay in opening the L/C, we were unable to ship the goods in time.
由于你方延遲開證的結果,我們未能如期裝運。
3. –Or, do you mean you doubt our ability as agent?
再不,你的意思是懷疑我們作為代理人的能力嗎?
--Not in the least, Mr. Jackson.
一點也不,杰克遜先生。
(1)doubt v. 一詞的后面可以按名詞或從句。
We don’t doubt a single word of yours. We just ask to make sure of it.
我們對你的話一點也不懷疑,我們問一聲只是為了證實此事。
I doubt the market will take a turn for the better next week.
我怕市場下周不會有好轉。