the whole story 全部故事(情況)
up to the standard 符合標準
unfit for 不適合
have no choice but (沒選擇)只好
in question 有關的
at the time of 當……時候
take place 發生
make a further investigation 進一步
take one’s advice 接受忠告
NOTES
1. Just be patient, please.
別著急。
Just be patient 是當對方不耐煩、生氣時的勸解語。英語中take your time也可以譯為“別著急”,那是指時間足不妨慢慢說、慢慢做等。注意兩個句子使用場合不同。
--You promised to give us the first opportunity. But now you have appointed them as your agent instead. How can you go back on your own words?
你答應把機會先給我們,可你現在卻指定他們作為你方的代理。你怎能說話不算話呢?
--Well,just be patient, please. I’ll make the whole matter clear to you presently.
別著急嘛,我就來把整個情況向你講清楚。
--Must I finish it today?
我今天必須做完嗎?
--Oh,just take your time. You don’t have to hurry.
哦,別著急,不用趕。
--In order to catch the season speed was important, but your producers just took their time.
為了趕上季節速度是至關重要的,但你們生產部門卻不慌不忙。
--How can I trust you with my future orders?
我今后怎么敢把訂單委托給你們呢?
Do be patient, please. When you have heard what I am going to tell you, you won’t be so furious.
別著急,聽完我的話你就不會這樣發火了。
1. But the goods you sent us are not up to the standard and unfit for consumption.
但是你們發運來的貨不符合標準、不能食用。
standfard n. 標準
We find your machine tools up to the international standard.
我們感到你們的機床符合國際標準。
Your last shipment is above usual standard.
你方上批貨物超過通常標準。
We have set up a high standard of quality for our export goods.
我們出口商品制定了很高標準。
3. We have no choice but to lodge a claim against you for inferior quality.
我們沒辦法只好向你方提出品質(低劣)索賠。
(1)claim on (goods),claim for (damage),
claim for 9amount), claim on the goods against the insurance company for US $2,300 for short weight.
我們已就這批貨向保險公司提出短重索賠,金額為2,300美元。
We filed a claim against you fro the short delivery of 145 1bs.
我們向你方提出短交145磅的索賠。
Wqe shall register our claim with you for all the losses.
我們對所有損失都將向你方提出索賠。