In an Office 在辦公室
J=Japanese manager日本經理 A=American guset美國客戶
JSteve! Good to see you again.ome in. Let me take your coat. 史蒂文!很高興兩次見到你。請進, 我邦你拿外套。
A: Thanks. Seiji. It’s good to see you again,too. 謝謝你,我也很高興再見到你。
J: Have a seat. Any trouble finding your way?請坐。找這兒有什么麻煩嗎?
在證據比較隨便的對話中一般都會省略Did you have any trouble finding your way?中的did you have這個部分。
Yes
A: No. Your directions were very good. 沒有麻煩,你們講得很清楚。
J: How long did it take to get here?到這兒多長時間?
A:About forty-five minutes.大約45分鐘。
J:Would you like some coffee?來杯咖啡怎么樣?
Yes
A:I’d love some.可以。
J: Milk?加牛奶嗎?
當別人推薦食物或者飲料時,如果你要接受的話可以說I’d love some.
Yes
A: Yes, please. A little. 是的,請給我來一點。
J: So,tell me, how is our friend Jim Fischer?咱們的朋友吉姆.費徹怎么樣?
A: He’s fine. He sends his best, by the way.
他很好。順便說一下,他讓我給你帶好。
除了he sends his best之外,我們不能聽見he sends his regards這樣的說法。
No
A: A little at first, but then I looked at the map you sent me.一開始有點,但是后來我看了你給我的地圖。
J: I’m glad it was helpful.我很高興這對你有用。
No
A: No, thanks. I’m trying to cut down on coffee.不,謝謝。我想少喝咖啡。
No
A: No, Black, please.不,請給我來不加奶的咖啡。
J; Here you are.給你。
A:Thank you.謝謝你。
In a Car 在車里
A=American guest美國客人 J=Japanse manager日本經理
A:It’s strange driving on the left side of the road.在路左邊開車覺得很奇怪。
J:Yes, I imagine it is strange for an American. Is this your first visit to japan?
是的,我覺得對于一個美國人來說確實有點奇怪。你是第一次來日本嗎?
Yes
A: Yes, it is.是的。
J: Then let me show you around the city tomorrow. 那我明天帶你看看這個城市。
A: Would you ? That’s very kind of you.是嗎?你真是太好了。
J: Not at all. I enjoy showing people around. How long are you staying in Japan?
沒什么,我喜歡帶客人到處走走。你會在日本待多長時間?
A: Not very long. I have to leave on Friday.不會太長,我必須在星期五離開。
J:Oh, what a shame! You’ll have to come back again.多可惜!你又要回去了。
No
A: No,I was here two years ago. 不,我兩年前來過這。
J:Business or pleasure?出差還是旅游?
A: Business. I was here ofr a trade show. I’m afraid I didn’t get to see much of the country.
出差。我來參加展覽會,沒有時間多看看這個國家。