Unit 6 Asking the Way 問路
Conversation 1 (會話一)
A: Excuse me ,where is the nearest bank?
請問,最近的銀行在哪里?
B: Ther is one next to the office round the corner.
在拐角的郵局旁有一家。
A; Thank you.
謝謝。
Key Words and Phrases (關鍵詞匯)
nearest /'niErist/ (形)最近的(是near的最高形式)
bank /bQnk/ (名)銀行
next to 緊挨著
post office 郵局
round /raund/ (介)在附近
corner /'k:nE/ (名)拐角處
Conversation 2 (會話二)
Kevin: Excuse me, is there a hotle nearby?
請問,附近有賓館嗎?
LI Dai: The nearest one is about ten munutes’walk fron here.
最近的離這兒大概要走10分鐘的路。
Kevin: How can I get there?
怎么走?
Li Dai: just walk down this road and you’ll find it. It’s on the right side.
順著這條路走就行了, 在路的右邊。
Key Words and Phrases (關鍵詞匯)
hotel /hEu'tel/ (名)旅館
nearby /'niEbai/ (副)在附近
Conversation 2 (會話三)
Paula: Can you tell me the way to the library?
你能告訴我去圖書館的路嗎?
Wang: Sure, Turn left at the next crossing.
當然。下一個十字路口向左轉。
Paula: Is it on Xinhua Street?
是在新華大街嗎?
Wang: Yes . You can’t miss it.
是的,你不會找不到的。
Key Words and Phrases (關鍵詞匯)
library /laibrEri/ (名)圖書館
turn /tE:n/ (動)轉向
left /left/ (副)向左,往左
crossing /'krOsiN/ (名)交叉路口
Additional Useful Expressions (補充常用語)
I’m lost. Could you tell me where I am.
我迷路了。您能告訴我現在在哪兒嗎?
What’s the name of this street?
這條街叫什么名字?
Where am I on this map?
我在地圖上的什么地方?
Sorry, I’m new here muself.
對不起,我也不是本地人。
Where’s the restroom.
洗手間在哪兒?
Is it far?
遠嗎?
At the end of the street.
在街盡頭。
Turn right at the traffic light.
在紅綠燈處向右拐。
Is there a shortcut to that place?
到那兒有近道嗎?
Vocabulary(詞匯)
lost /lOst/ (形)迷路
restroom 衛生間
traffic light 紅綠燈
shortcut /'SO:tkVt/ (名)近道