4. they strongly demand ian explanation and that you compensate for the loss.
我們強烈要求作出解釋并要你方賠償損失。
(1)suggest, order, demand, propose, request, insist等表示建議,要求的動詞后面接從句時,謂語動詞用should + 動詞原型。(suggest一詞參見第30課注6)、
They requested you have the covering L/C amended according to the terms of the contract.
他們要求你們按合同條款將有關信用證進行修改。
We propose partial shipment be allowed.
我們建議允許分批裝運。
We suggest your seller cut down his price by 20% so as to meet the keen competition from other sources.
建議你方賣主減價20%,以應付其他供應商劇烈競爭。
(2)compensate for賠償,因……賠償
If we were at fault, we should be glad to compensate for your loss.
如果我方有錯,我們當然樂意賠償損失。
Yd to compensate us for the damage.
我們要求你們賠償我們遭受的損失。
5. I’m afraid we cannot entertain your claim as it has nothing to do with us.
我恐怕我們不能接受你方索賠,因為它對與我們毫無關系。
have nothing to do with與……無關have something to do with與……有關
Your cooperation in this respect has a lot to do with the sales promotion in our market.
你們在這的合作對于我市場上的推銷有很大作用。
Don’t you think an attractive packing has something to do with the sale of your products?
你不認為吸引人的包裝與你們產品的銷售之間有密切關系嗎?
Upon examinatipon we found the damage has nothing to do with packing.
經檢驗,我們發現貨損與包裝無關。
Personal contact has a great deal to do with mutual undertstanding.
個人之間的接觸對于相互了解十分有益。
6. As the goods were sold on CIF terms, you must be held responsible for the shortage.
由于貨物是按到岸價賣出的,你方對短重必須承擔責任。
be held responsible for 對……承擔責任
In case of delay we are not to be held responsible.
萬一出現耽擱,不得要求我方承擔責任。
We shall hold you responsible forany loss that might be involved.
對于可能發生的任何損失,我們將要你方承擔責任。
We shall be rwsponsible for the fine quality fo our products.
我們將對我們產品的優良品質負責。
As buyers you are responsible for chartering steamer or booking shippint space.
作為買方,我要負責租船或訂艙。
7. In view fo our friendly relationship, we are prepared to meet your claim for the 45 metric tons short weight.
鑒于你我之間友好貿易關系,我們準備滿足你方關于公噸短重的索賠。
in view of鑒于,考慮到……
In view of recent development of the market, we do not think rpice reduction possible.
鑒于市場最近的發展,我們認為降價不可能。
In view or our long-standing relations, we exceptionaaly agree to D/P payment terms for this order.
考慮到我們之間的長期業務關系,對于這次訂貨我們破例接受付款交單。